Friday 16 March 2012

Fibromyalgia

I've been recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia... I went to the DR after one cold day my hand started hurting, they suspected arthritis, they said either rheumatoid or tempory viral... my blood tests came back clear so they ruled that out.
I went back because my back was hurting and life was becoming amazingly hard. The DR did an assessment and he said I have Fibromyalgia... it was a bit of a shock being told I have this permanent painful condition... I keep hoping that they have made a mistake though each day the things that happen in my body scream the truth...
I had such hopes for changing my life this year but every goal i set i'm unable to do... in a few months my whole world changed...

Now I need to accept and begin setting goals for my new life as thats what I have now... the Ballet lessons, the shoes the everything I had planned for this year might be different now but I know eventually I will have new plans...

At the moment at 2 weeks past diagnosis I'm really struggling... I wake up in the morning, tired in pain and I want to cry... sometimes I do, remembering that I have this and this could be every morning for the rest of my life...
My husband has to help me dress and help me by cutting my food, he has to cook etc etc and its horrible, I don't feel I have a life it's an existence.

Some days when the pain has been so bad all day I consider if it's even worth living anymore, if I could offer anything as I am to the people in my life...

If it was just pain maybe I could cope but everything I do exhausts me, a single speech therapy session and a short walk and i was comatose for 2 hours.
It's not helped I have a curvature of the Spine... I only found this out when I went physio last week... my back is the worst pain and they think it was done during pregnancy but the fibro has made it hurt because my brain tells my body everything hurts so when something really does hurt its going to to be worse...

Though in a way it makes sense... Theres been odd things going on for years.. aches and pains never worth seeing a gp for... my memory... ibs... migraines... palpitations... temperature problems etc etc all part of this illness...

No comments:

Post a Comment