Saturday 29 January 2011

Dairy free fishfingers ideal for weaning

These fishfingers are totally yummy so easy to make and contain no additives, salt or any other naughty stuff commercial ones contain...



To make these I used the left over white fish from my dairy free fish pie I made yesterday I kept 2 coley portions and it was enough to make 6 fishfingers...

They can be gluten free using variation

Ingredients

2 white fish portions (I used coley but any would be fine)
Breadcrumbs
one egg 

Method

Beat the egg in a dish
Cut the white fish into strips (I freeze my fish when I purchase it and its easier to cut the fish into strips while it is frozen)
pop some bread crumbs onto a plate

Dip each fish strip into the egg, then the bread crumbs, then egg and finally bread crumb again
Pop into a hot frying pan and quickly fry each side to crisp them
after sealing put into a hot oven about gas mark 7 (which is about 425F and 220C ) for about 5-7 minutes

and bish bash bosh you got yummy fish fingers

Perfect for weaning as they are able to hold them and they dont contain any nasty stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment