Saturday 29 January 2011

Dairy free smoked haddock and leek fishcakes

So we used to buy Smoked haddock and leek fishcakes from Tesco but they contain cheese and now I'm dairy free I can't have them, but I absolutly love them!

So I decided to give it ago myself and they tasted exactly like the tesco ones! and you can freeze them too!

Ingredients (Makes about 10 fishcakes)

450g smoked haddock
1 leek
5 medium potatos
1 egg
Breadcrumbs (use gluten free bread for gluten free)
Pepper
1 tbs Lemon juice
2 tsp Mixed herbs
small amount of oil

Method

oven cook the haddock

Grate or finally chop 1 leek and the potatoes (I used the grating attachment on my food processer)
Add the haddock, lemon juice, herbs and pepper mix well

Then take the mix out and form into pattys
Heat a pan with the oil in it so its very hot

Cover the haddock pattys in egg then breadcrumb and fry quickly

I find cooking them so the fish is cooked and then letting them cool on a wire rack then re heating them to make the breadcrumb golden makes for a firmer fishcake.

So easy to make and deffinatly yummy!

These are not really sutible for babies due to a high salt content from the smoking process but if you use unsmoked haddock then its fine for any age.

No comments:

Post a Comment